Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sabah (Kinabalu) - Trip Post 5

That will be the first and LAST mountain I will EVER climb. I have quite possibly had more climbing in those 24 hours than I have ever had in a lifetime. My lungs, already coping with some mysterious persistent and phlegmy cough probably brought on germs from the rented scuba gear, will never forgive me. I, will never forgive me. I will ESPECIALLY not forgive the makers of my fucking camera batteries for failing me AT THE PEAK OF MOUNT KINABALU. I fail to understand why the batteries lasted less than a day when the previous pair lasted for over a week. (I have also kicked myself for hesitating over whether or not to bring spare batteries, and then deciding against it because the zero-point-nothing grams that they weigh would have bogged me down during the climb.)

Flying back to The Sore tomorrow morning. I will miss this place (except the mountain climbing bit). Now I will attempt to stand up without screaming in pain.

1 comment:

Sal said...

Get a contact name for the maker of the batteries and write them an ungodly mother-f*cker of a complaint email and reap the benefits.