Friday, April 18, 2008

My Lungs are Sacks of Phlegm.

This cough is now over a week old and really rather embarrassing during meetings. People look at me as if I'm about to keel over and die, and are afraid of coming too close to me (and from the looks on their faces, queasy about shaking my hand).

Remember how I said that Mt Kinabalu was the last mountain I'd climb? Well, since I'm back at work it means I've been scoping out future travel ideas over lunch (and sometimes, outside of lunch...). And yeah, I'd still really like to give Mt Kilimanjaro a try. Seven days for the ascent and descent, mingling with the cheetahs, then off to the sandy white beaches of Zanzibar. Sounds like a plan for 2009!

(Meanwhile, looks like I have 7.5 days of leave left for this year. I hadn't realised I'd carried over so many from last year. So I'm thinking of a quickie in Thailand in early December 2008 or early January 2009. Koh Phi Phi and Similans maybe. Now that I've become an expert sexpat dodger. Bloody East Europeans. Kinda sad though, it seems like all they want is companionship which they can't get at home. Weird though, since East European chicks are hott. I was at the supermarket the other day and forced to queue behind a trio of stunning East European models. Never felt so hideous in my life.)

1 comment:

Sal said...

East European women may be hot, but their male equivalent are NOT. They're ugly, and if you cast your mind back to Hungary, they all appear to be related.