Monday, March 19, 2007

Haiku Monday.

Last Monday that is. I thought it would be a good idea to redirect my "stress energies" to the writing of Haikus. It worked - for one day at least.
As follows, me in blue and my colleague in yellow:

I feel the need to

Express my work feelings through

Power of Haikus



please blow me away
with your talent in rhyming
so what's the story?

Use double spacing

Caps for start of sentences

More pleasing to eyes

when people get old
they need to pick on small things
to feel big again

Some people possess

High standards for aesthetics

Not that you would know


I thought you referred

To the quirks of our bosses

But I see it's you



Some people must learn

The Law of Diminishing

Marginal Returns



Choking. Water. Me.

I must be getting older.

Laws have no meaning.



I feel no sense of

Purpose working here. I feel

Inconsequential



Patience reaps rewards

It will get better with time

Meanwhile there's ice-cream



Patience reaps wrinkles

Cellulite and atrophy

Of muscle and mind.



This could get lengthy

Perhaps it's time for a change

What would you suggest?



Don't know. I think that

Haikus use more brains than work

Makes time pass quickly



I just need more grease.

Cocktail prawn rolls lacked lustre.

And now they're finished.



Everything went pretty much downhill from there, with talk about guavas and gout and German people. Of course this was all pre-Big Job Announcement, these days I don't need Haikus to feel happy.

No comments: