Sunday, March 25, 2007

Clot.

So I have been sat here since noon (it is now 19:27), slowly bulldozing my way through the CFA Ethical and Professional Standards. I am only at page 41 of Volume 1, which is, at approximately 600 pages long, the thinnest of four volumes that I must digest before I sit for the first CFA exam. In June. 2007. 3rd of.

FUCK.

Right. Something must be done about this. I need a PLAN. The first part of the PLAN is to stop staying late at work, especially since I'm staying late to do non-value-added work for my halfwit Nonsense Boss. The second part of the plan is to eat lunch in every day. Which is pretty sad since lunchtime is the only social life I have these days. The third part of the plan is to stop sleeping. Or at least stick to about an average of 4 hours/night.

(Those of you pointing out that I am blogging despite my obvious lack of time to complete other more important matters, can sit and swivel. I need to talk about this, okay? SO THERE.)

If all goes well, I would have passed my CFA1 with a brilliant score, AND obtained my driver's license by the end of June (which would be too cool as I only started lessons like yesterday). And then the JLPT3 and Mt Everest base camp trek in 2H07, and maybe on 31 Dec 07 I won't feel like I've wasted a whole year (which is exactly how I felt on 31 Dec 06).

And, hopefully, by putting this out in the public domain, I am COMMITTING myself to getting all of these done. Cos if I don't, you can point at me and laugh.

*****
I fucking hate the HR department. How long do they need to sort out the paperwork for my new position? I want OUT and I want it PRONTO. Do they WANT to see me bite the Nonsense Boss's head off? Because I CAN DO IT. It's small, it's empty, and it's attached to the body by a very thin piece of neck. And guess who has six years of job security with the organisation - ME. So ain't nothin stoppin me from doin it 'cept the ZEN within me. And it is FAST RUNNING OUT.

No comments: