Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Delayed Monday Morning Effect.

I am now paying the price of having a cheerful and invigorated Monday morning with a crappy Tuesday one instead. It doesn't help that I have a potentially long (and painful) meeting later with some folk from the ivory towers of the civil service telling me how my division can manage our knowledge better. (It's difficult enough getting my colleagues to keep records of stuff, I can't imagine persuading them to save it all to a fancy central database full of wonderful helpful features that you MUST use, because if you don't it just WON'T WORK AND THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT WILL CRUMBLE TO PIECES BEFORE THE UNIVERSE CEASES TO BE.)

Bazza highlighted to me over the weekend her disbelief that, N years on, I still continue to spend marathon lengths of time in the mornings (well, afternoons and evenings too...) just getting ready. It's true - I spend at least half an hour in the bathroom each morning and a further 10min just putting clothes on. I know why I spend so much time in the bathroom - I mean, it takes me FIVE whole minutes just to brush my teeth. I'm not sure why it takes so long for me to put clothes on though, I don't recall getting really confused by it in the mornings and my clothes are pretty standard items of attire. Maybe the wormhole in my room does more than suck in my socks...

So I've decided to buy an electric toothbrush that promises to cut down my teethbrushing time to a mere TWO minutes. Unfortunately my (no longer) trustworthy toiletries store doesn't have much of a range to choose from. I want one of those fancy Oral B ones that threaten to shut down the entire power grid if you switch it on, not any of the wussy "affordable" ones that share the same shelf space as conventional manual toothbrushes.

Shit I forgot to buy floss.

No comments: