Sunday, September 30, 2007

4Q07

Where did the year go? Tomorrow's the start of the fourth quarter and that'll probably swoosh past as well.

Work-wise, it's been a heavy nine months. And I think my new bosses secretly love me. That can be the only reason why they're giving me so much more work to do than my colleagues. I've got my own room in the office and more importantly, RESPECT. I've been to Hamburg, Copenhagen and Oslo this year, and I'm off to London in November for some serious schmoozing.

The family side of things is good. My parents are surprisingly supportive and have pretty much let me live my life as I want to. And my father has stopped trying to get me to find religion. Plus now I have a cat.

So I don't have a love-life. Which really is better than being under the delusion that I have one. But miraculously I am coming to the realisation that if I'm going to find a relationship I'm happy to be in, I need to start looking for someone with brains and not just a walking dildo.

I may have failed my first sitting of the CFA1 (my excuse being that I just had no time to study for it being a fairly valid one), and I didn't have enough time or the tenacity to stick to regular driving lessons (and it's not my fault that the system is so fully-booked that there's a six month wait to get a test date)... but hey I got myself a new pair of boobs! And they are doing very well, thank you very much :)

Three months to go, how do I make the most of it?

1. I need to go teetotal for October. I have been most unproductive in the past few weeks, and I'm certain it's cos I've been drinking way too much during that time.

2. I need to start eating healthy again. Basically, I need to detox.

3. I need to start hitting the gym and the yoga studio again, to reverse the effects of the past 6 weeks. And to get my body bikini-perfect for Goa in December.

4. I need to get my goddamn office in order. I can't work at a clean table but the need to be able to locate important documents is slightly more important. I need to start using the filing lady, except I feel really bad about it cos she's so overworked as it is.

5. I will ask Hot Colleague out. I was planning to this coming week - you know, strike while the proverbial iron is hot - but I realise that he's being called back to the army for a couple of weeks. I'll do it in late October, I promise.

6. I will go to Goa and have a fucking good time sans drugs.

7. I will thoroughly consider sorting out my room.

========

I can't wait for Goa.

1 comment:

Sal said...

drugs...? Huh? ...Way to spark my interest...