Monday, February 16, 2009

Of prawns and a giant moth.

Part II of my Philippine sojourn is on its way, it's taking time cos I've had a banging headache since getting back to the Pore. And I want to be happy while blogging about my trip. I'm kinda worried that it could be some decompression-related problem, but whatever.

This evening was pretty exciting. A neighbour came round to give us a bagful of live prawns. Since this wasn't the first (or second... or third) time he's done so, we weren't too excited about the prospect of having them for tomorrow's dinner.

So now we have two pet prawns in our koi pond. (Well, we certainly released two into the pond, but after an hour of peering into the pond with the aid of three flashlights, I'm afraid the fate of Prawn 1 remains unknown.) Can I point out that prawns look really evil in koi ponds (assuming Prawn 2 is representative of all those who share its fate)? I'll post a pic when I get a good one, you'd agree with me.

Not to be outdone, Bob brought in his first kill in about a month - a giant moth.




I can imagine it being quite a stunningly beautiful creature, before meeting its tragic end i.e. Bob. Yes, that's a normal-size pen. I hope it wasn't an endangered species of moth. Ho hum.

Is it kinda sad that two prawns in a koi pond and a very large moth have defined an exciting evening for me?

...

1 comment:

sternstadt said...

i think he just killed mothman