Friday, October 03, 2008

Why I love my mobile.

And so it begins. Two weeks' evenings' worth of industry events that I have to attend, on top of a surge of work which will have me back in the office on the weekend (except Sunday afternoon, don't worry, the open house will still be open). I'm getting repetitive strain disorder from all the small talk after just one evening. I still don't get the fascination with Korean drums and I never want to listen to another violin ever again (how can anyone think it's a good idea to put up a 45 min violin threesome that plays "Livin' la vida loca" during a networking dinner???).

I'm just really tired and wish I could've skipped the dinner in favour of finishing up the goddamn speech that I only have to do because Fatneck (that's another colleague) had a "miscommunication" with our statutory board (I call it a Royal Fuck Up). But sometimes tipping me over the edge is good because now that I've sent out my first real don't-fuck-with-me-or-else e-mail, I'm feeling a lot more empowered with the or-else bit and will be a lot less hesitant about acting on it. I often wonder why I bother being nice at work when being unpleasant comes more naturally to me.

Do I even make sense? I'm just trying to wear off the open bar before falling asleep so I won't feel too shit tomorrow. At least I haven't made any spelling mistakes.


...

No comments: