Monday, May 26, 2008

BIZARRO!

It's been weird today. I spent the first half of my day looking at charts, mulling over colourful lines and pontificating over rocks; being scandalised by the internecine squabbles of the nation's distinguished legal counsels, and rolling eyes over the military's paralysis provoked by the lack of clear and written instruction. My mission was simple - do not commit to anything we can't commit to. To display grit and backbone in the face of adversity by hiding in the lee of bigger ships when enemy cannons are afiring. Easy peasy.

Not that I care anymore, or have at all. Peace and brotherhood and respect for the common heritage of mankind, are more my kind of style.

Sped through lunch to make it to the next big meeting of questionable worth - a "dialogue" session with the King of the Ivory Towers, who wanted to better understand why we're finding it difficult to swallow all that's being rammed down our throats. There are many ways to make it easier - liquid form vs capsules (pound it to a fine powder if it's a tablet and stir it into food or water), honey-coated or administered with a spoonful of sugar, tilt your head back close your eyes and shove it in as far as possible, and if all that fails maybe we can try the intravenous route. But nobody's really explained why we're doing all this beyond a few motherhood statements that assume none of us have been to university.

Bah. I don't care. I do what I do (mostly) because I believe it's right and that's how I fall asleep at night. I'm just working each day to get closer to my next holiday - this time it'll be topping up my tan on the white sands and diving in the crystal clear waters of Redang! I love it when you're jealous. Of me. =)

No comments: