Friday, December 21, 2007

Hello Traveller!

It's a slow post-public holiday end-of-year Friday morning in the office, and work is the last thing on my mind.

Having browsed through Dio's list of places she would like to visit before she dies, I too feel compelled to make public my travelling desires. Bearing in mind that my days as an indentured slave would end sometime in 2011, here are my plans till then:

2008 > International Year of the Sanitation (?) and the Potato (I kid you not)
Climbing Mount Kinabalu and diving off Layang-Layang, Sabah; Mulu Caves in Sarawak

2009 > International Year of Astronomy and Natural Fibres (??!)
Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania; feeling the Freddie in Zanzibar; maybe diving off Mozambique

2010 > International Year of Communications
Trek to Mount Everest Base Camp and getting some culture in Nepal

2011 > International Year of Forests
South America! More high altitude adventures in Machu Picchu! Don't forget Lake Titicaca! A boat ride on the Amazon River, parties in Rio de Janeiro! And culture in Buenos Aires :)

Yeah so there's a lot of physical activity up there, but what better time to do that than when I'm still young?

La la la la la...

1 comment:

sternstadt said...

Yay! We'll be seeing a lot of each other (esp 2010/11) then!