Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I love this city!

Arsey immigration officer, train delays due to a fatality on the track; brazen cold and spiritless rain; blustering moustaches staring sullenly out of kebab stores; Caribbean, Mediterranean, Eastern European voices moving through the streets... it's good to be home :)

It surprised me how easily I slipped into the swing of things here, after being away for over two years. I've paid respect to the city, revisiting streets that have long heard my footsteps and buildings that continue to influence my dreamscapes, catching up with old friends and recalling a culture shaped by freedom, acceptance and intemperate weather.

I leave in two days but now I am certain of returning, for the long run.

========

It amuses me that my Big Boss, a man of political office and foreign affairs, despises small talk as much as I do.



No comments: