Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Moolah.

Yesterday, I managed to convince the HR people that my driving lessons should be considered as a "self-improvement course" and as such I should be reimbursed for it.

And then I realised that I had a $600 claim outstanding on the company left over from my working trip to Europe in June.

When I got home, I found a letter from the hospital waiting to inform me that I was getting reimbursed just over $1,500 from my boob job.

So just like that I'll be getting what is equivalent to an additional month's pay in my account.

Maybe my mother is right - the universe rewards genuinely generous people (I would like to believe that I am one of those) . With cash. [My mother is Chinese, which means that only cold hard cash counts. Or gold. Heavens forbid if the universe should dare attempt to reward me with something as abstract as "happiness" or "satisfaction".]

And to top it off, it seems that I have lost all desire to engage in what used to be one of my favourite activities: shopping. But perhaps that's because there's nothing nice in the shops these days. Except that pair of to-die-for black pumps with super skinny heels that oh my god I MUST GO OUT AND BUY DURING LUNCH HOUR.

Oh. I guess it's back then.

No comments: