Saturday, September 01, 2007

Catgut.

How is it 5:51pm already? There's only 1.5 days of the weekend left!

========

Got my bandages taken off 5 days ago. What a huge relief! The dissolvable stitches are still in but it looks like the scarring will be minimal. The doctor announced that I look great and that they look natural (well I guess he'd have to say that but it made me grin anyway), did a check, told me they're healing perfectly and sent me on my way.


For the first time since the operation, I got up this morning without an intense pain in my left boob. The skin is starting to look less taut now. (So's my arse incidentally, I think I'll start hitting the gym again next week before I lose my boot completely.) Hee hee hee I can't wait to show them off!

========

If you've ever wondered how dissolvable stitches (or, if you want to sound in-the-know, "absorbable sutures") work, apparently they're made of natural materials such as processed collagen derived from sheep intestines, silk, hair, and synthetic stuff that the body can naturally decompose. Sexy hey.

No comments: